Based on a hundred odd enterprise consulatation practices in a timeframe of more than 10 years, combined with the Oriental wisdom of "Moral Sutra" and Confucian thought, using the overall perspective and systematic view of Sun Tzu's Art of Law, integrated with some excellent western theories such as Michael Porter's competitive strategy theory, Drucker's management theory, Trout and Rhys's positioning theory , Taylor's scientific management principle, KMIND's expert team has created a set of KMIND's Competitive Strategy Systems. Among them,the "Five Episodes of Competition Strategy", divides the whole process of competition strategy formulation and implementation into five parts,ie drawing a mind map, exploring competitive opportunities, formulating competitive strategies, constructing strategic components and streering competition directions.
The competitive opportunity is a reason why customers choose you over competitors. The ultimate goal of competitive opportunity is for "brand" to represent a "category" or some kind of "characteristic" in the consumer mind. There are five starting points for exploring competitive opportunities: preemptive dominance, dominance features, focus, next-generation products, and pioneering new categories.
Four principles for establishing competitive opportunities:
(1) to resonate with consumers with the help of common sense;
(2) to meet industry trends and market consumer demand;
(3) to conform to the advantages of the enterprise itself;
(4) To be able to defend against competition, take the initiative,and attack the weakness of the competitors which is difficult to improve.
Formulating competition strategy: developing competitive strategy is to set up the runway for the opponent in advance by prejudging the behavior of the opponent, so as to enjoy the best position in competition and ensure that the competitive pattern can be managed in the future, so as to establish the core elements of competition.
There are the following key points:
(1) judgment of enemy in advance so as to predetermine the opponent's action, and block them in advance.
(2) To seek assistance from the environment, creating favorable environment for ourselves, and reverse environment for enemies, including environment involing common sense, geographic and population environment, and so on.
(3) Besiege your enemy but leave them a chance to survice, forcing your oppornent into the low-potential marke. Avoid elongated battle fronts,and guaranttee the success of the main market; The high potential market has a real future; luring opponents to operate in the low potential market.
Strategy components are operational activities designed and launched for competitive opportunities. After the brand's competitive strategy is clear, enterprises need to formulate and implement a series of corresponding operational actions.Through the operation components,potential customers feel and experience,and ultimately form a word of mouth, through which to strengthen their perception of the brand so as to build a brand in the customer's mental end, so that the brand becomes their priority choice.
First, around cognition differences, customer experience can be enhanced from the 7 cognitive aspects of product, price, channel, market, promotion, dissemination,and customer,and key components can be identified and enterprise resources can be redeployed. Secondly, guide the formation of consistent word of mouth, strengthen the perception of difference.When consumers choose products and services, they usually ask or refer to the opinions of others,and previous concumer population become opinion leader in the eyes of potential customer group, because they have real consumer experience,and their opinions are more authentic, and they have a strong influence on the potential customers.